Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9, 2011 = a Saturday

Compared to yesterday, this will be a brief post.  My goal for the day was to finish my tax returns.  I used TurboTax and had started the tax process before I went on vacation.  All done; all submitted; now I have to come up with some money for the feds by April 18.  I can do this.

And because I finished my work mid-afternoon - I took myself to the movies and saw The Lincoln Lawyer.  I liked the book.  The movie was pretty darn true to the book.  I liked the movie!

About the new leg..... I am more comfortable with it today than I was yesterday for sure.  I walk different with it.  I can feel the heel-toe movement in the foot.  Couldn't feel that with the other leg.  And didn't have it for many years before that with the fused ankle.  Also have a little more movement in the knee.  All of this makes walking feel a bit strange.  I am using a couple of different muscles in my upper thigh - maybe even in my belly to do this this walking thing.  It is most interesting, but I feel somewhat unstable.

There is a special clinic at Hangar prosthetics in Pittsburgh this coming week.  Hangar is/are the folks who make my prosthetic.  They are having one of their super-prosthetists visiting and reviewing clients with prosthetics.  I am supposed to be in State College, but I think I will come back to Pgh on Wednesday so I can be part of this clinic.  I'm going to call them Monday morning and see if I can still get scheduled.  I want to know that this thing and I will become much friendlier with each other.

And that's my brief update.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment