Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, April 11. 2011

So - here's the scoop.  I am sitting at home in my wheelchair - I'm not in State College - and I'm not bounding around on the new leg.  I was bounding around on it yesterday.  Walked dog, Rags, up to "The Square" for his every three month grooming appointment and walked back.  Took myself to church.  Picked up Rags on way home (in car) and chatted with some neighbors as I was driving down our alley.  My son was at my house working on the gate for the new fence he is working on to keep Moose from leaving home when I'm gone.  He hadn't seen the new leg and was most impressed with my gait.  And I was becoming more impressed with it too.  Also was practicing the stair thing and getting better and better at it.  So we sat down in the yard and I took the leg off to show him how it worked.  When I took the gel liner off, we both looked at the limb and went "oh-oh - trouble"  Bottom of limb was covered with blisters, some of them popping.

Wheelchair was in the house as I had used it to move 50 pound bag of dog food from car to house. James moved dog food from chair, I got in chair, and I'm here for a couple of days.  Will use leg to go up and down stairs - for bed time and urgent requirements until this heals.  And no one at the prosthetist place on Sunday and no one in the rehab doc office.  And what would they do anyway.  So, I got prosthetist early this morning and went in for them to take a look.  Got to let limb heal before we can really figure out what is going on.  Limb is too swollen with this insult to go all the way into the prosthesis.  I am going to the prosthetic clinic on Wednesday and we'll see what comes of that.  Mostly I think I just have to wait a bit.  Good news, less good news.

On a different note, I was not planning on being home this week, so I took the opportunity today to sort piles of papers.  Filled a recycle bag with unneeded current papers.  It would be good to go through some of the older ones, and maybe tomorrow, I will take on a pile tucked in a less visible space.  I do want to sew - and I am going to shut this down and go make a couple of quilt blocks right now.  Think I will watch the news at the same time.  I am so disappointed with the state of our nation and the state of the world that I have turned off - not the right thing to do.  So I'll do the right thing and turn on CNN and see what Wolf is reporting for a bit.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment