Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The weather here is beautiful. It pulled me to the yard yesterday and to raking. By evening I knew that I should not be putting as much weight on this foot that is falling off. I put myself down (that is to bed) at about 6:30 pm. Showed son and grand daughter bare foot and grand daughter screamed that is was awful, weird, terrible. Actually it mostly looked like a huge sausage sort of attached to the leg. Son brought me up two crutches, walker, and a pain pill. I think the message it to bear less weight on this foot for the next few weeks. So, I am trying to use two crutches to walk and to not think that I can do yard duty this spring. Probably should take advantage of the electric carts the next time I do grocery shopping, and I do plan on one more trip to Costco before I have the surgery.

I am facing my own "to-do" list that I probably cannot accomplish in the next few weeks, not because I don't have the time, but because I should not be two feet on the ground that much. I really want to get my quilt space in shape to cut out some blocks relative to a "master class" that I am taking (and that I won't finish). May have to simply let this project slide. Darn.
And the taxes still loom. I am heading to UIUC this week, so the taxes will simply have to go on next weeks calendar.

See doc on Tuesday. Should be more definite about a lot of things after that visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment