Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10, 2010

It's Monday afternoon. I find myself not as eager to make blog entries as I was a few days ago. I think this is because nothing dramatic is going on in my life at this time. I'm simply into the "waiting is" mode. I am able to roll around the house and do most of what I need to do: answer the door, get a bit of food for myself, put a couple of dishes in the dishwasher, wash my face.

This morning I sat at the dining room table and sorted bills and medical statements and other papers and put most in right files in my portable file boxes. A friend came and brought me lunch. The physical therapist will be here late afternoon, a visiting nurse should be here sometime today, and another friend is coming and delivering lasagna for supper.

But, no big ah-ha's, no substantial new insights, simply learning how to manage life on one level of my house from a wheelchair. I want to get at some of the stuff upstairs, I want to take stuff out to the garage, I want to walk around my garden, pull a few weeds, decide what to move where. All that waits - lives with the "waiting is" too.

I'm going to try to do a brief post every couple of days until life gets more interesting again - like when I am being fitted for the prosthesis. Then interesting stuff is likely to be happening again.

Nothing much happens
My chair rolls back and forth and
Back again. I sit

1 comment:

  1. For Annie:
    Waiting for healing
    Patiently or not so much
    Life blooms at the edge

    From Susan:
    Home after long drive
    With little to show except
    Five loads of laundry

    ReplyDelete