Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, Sunday, 10 am

Fell asleep very early last night. Was trying to watch CNN, and I went lights out. And here are the 1 pm musings:

Seven pm bedtime
Can't possibly sleep all night
Wide awake reading

Derby in the mud
Prayers for horses and riders
Hallelujah, safe

Blister on thumb
Shall it become a callus
Check in with OT

Need the gloves that wheel chair drivers use - if I continue to use this as a race car, for even the next two weeks. I am a bit dangerous at blind intersections. I go pretty quickly in this chair and expect a clear path. Gotta learn to do this different.

Raining in Pittsburgh right now. I imagine the marathon runners are a bit soggy. I sit in the little library looking at the wonderful white azaleas. They certainly interrupt the gloom of the day. And, I'm going to see The Littlest Dragon with family this afternoon. That will also interrupt the gloom of the day.

Gentle rain, gray skies
A riot of happy waits
My garden vibrates

About Daisy, temporary name for residual limb. Object is to have a stovepipe shape from knee to end of Daisy before being fitted with prosthesis (will also name that I am sure). Daisy isn't that shape yet, more lite bulb shaped - gently light bulb shaped, but certainly not stove pipe. Being impatient, I am sure that Daisy is not responding quickly enough to the wrappings that she endures daily. Will know more when I see surgeon on Tuesday. My guess is that I will be told to be more patient, that Daisy is coming along just fine:

Daisy hurry up
I don't want to wait on you
I want my new leg

How many days post-op am I? Nine. What's that line? "Waiting is".

4 comments:

  1. Careening down halls
    Annie in her mobile chair
    Watch out world, she rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KY Derby 2010

    James at the derby
    Ooo look at the drunk kids
    Someone got naked

    Two minutes of race
    Its hard to pay attention
    people in the mud

    Mud flying so wild
    Boys up on the plastic pots
    Better than the race

    Ten pots in a row
    Flying debris hits so hard
    look at the boys run

    Then the pots cave in
    must be really hard to pee
    with all the running

    Police start grabbing
    Drunk kids go to jail I think
    how entertaining

    Derby good for once
    will not ever go again
    much too old for that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy! It reminds me of daisy chains, of songs about Daisy (Daisy, Daisy, Give me your answer, do...), of Daisy Duck...am I dating myself or what. Love your sense of humor. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine name of Daisy
    A duck, song, chain and fav dog
    Why not a temp limb?

    ReplyDelete