Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010

Had a really busy weekend. My dear friend, Beth, from Rochester, NY came to spend a couple of days with me. She arrived on Friday and left yesterday. Beth is a gardener, par exellance, so we spent time in my garden (or at least she did0, she started by pulling weekds. Then on a trip to Whole Foods and Giant Eagle MarketPlace for some food goodies, we also bought plants. And Beth has planted new stuff in my back yard. I will have more basil than I know what to do with come the end of August - all different kinds. It was really good to have her here with me.

Also had a day of good church stuff yesterday; the music at the service was glorious. We had a guest saxaphonist (name gone from my head and my papers), apparently of world reknown, who accompanied our pretty wonderful pianist in a couple of duets, and played with the choir and the congreataion singing. Wow!! Took Beth with me to church and then to lunch with daughter and friends. Then drove by to see James' house.

More stuff went on during day, but as I was getting ready for bed last night, this came to me:

Why do we wear bras?
They are not comfortable
Can we do without?

So today, I do without. (More than you ever wanted to know).

Tomorrow is doctor's appointment day. I am not too sanguine about this. If all is well, the 33 staples will come out and that won't be fun. Perhaps if they are out, some of the phantom pain will recede. I am on the largest dose of neurotin and it is still banging at me. I am also worried about where I think the big calf muscle should be attached to the front of the tibia. Feels okay, but looks strange. Then again, why should I know what this should look like as it is new for me. I'll report after visit tomorrow.

I have two dogs living with me this week. My dog, Rags and Julie's dog, Moose are here. Julie and family went to Ann Arbor last Thursday for Liam's pentathalon, and when they came home I said that I didn't want to give dogs back. I like their company. So, we will share them for the next two months until Julie et al go to Capetown, and then they will be with me for a year. Have to do something with gate in yard as Moose can open gate and then they go wandering. They did this Saturday while Beth and I were doing our Whole Foods run. Big thunderstorm, makes Moose very unhappy, and his solution was to open gate so they both could take off. (I have a doggy door so they can get in and out of the house - it's not that I left them out in the rain). Blessings on neighbors, Linda and Bob, Jay and John for doing dog rescue in the rain - twice. And I'll get a new latch on the gate this week.

Will report more after visit to doc tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love the bra haiku, Annie. Quilting friends know I refuse to wear one at retreats. When men wear jock straps for everyday (especially in 90 degree weather), then I'll wear a bra everyday.

    Glad staples are out -- you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete