Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010

Last night on facebook I posted that it was about 60 hours until the leg went away. And I was going to talk about a glorious day at church yesterday - installation of our new minister with grand music and dynamic sermons and a great party. What a difference a day makes. This morning I went to the gym, treated myself to salmon crepes for breakfast and came home to work on the list of things to finish before Wednesday. Listened to phone messages. There was a message from doctor's office. My surgeon was visiting his son in London. And there is that volcanic ash. So much for my surgery on Wednesday. I feel like the horse on the racecourse, ready, set, - and the gate doesn't open. No go!! Yikes!! I have been really busy getting ready for this surgery, in my body and my head and my heart. To think I am being foiled by the erupting volcano in Iceland. And I wasn't even in Paris.

Doc is scheduled to fly out of London on Wednesday if all goes well. And in that event, surgery will happen on Friday. If not, maybe next week. This is where it is important to breathe and relive that AA learning over and over and over again - "A day at a time". I had been planning ahead, and have a schedule of dates on my calendar that are contingent on my being done with rehab during the first week of June. I think they hold if the surgery is Friday. If it's not until next week, I am going to have to readjust.

For those of you who have been asking, I am planning to spend a week to ten days in a rehab hospital after my two to three days in acute care. The rehab hospital is Health South - 320 Grup Road, Hammerville, PA 15238, 877-937-7342. Given the surgery postponement, I figure the earliest I am likely to be there would be next Monday, April 26.

A quilt just arrived in the morning mail from my Wisconsin friends. It is such a happy quilt - full of wonderful bright, bold flowering fabics. I am going to take it to rehab with me, but before that, I am going to put it on top of my bed (like right now). Thank you Wisconsin quilting friends. I do love and miss you.

The beautiful cut orchids my friend (and ex-husband) sent me are still in full flower, and they will easily still be beautiful on Friday. My front garden is blooming nicely. I have some summer bulbs from last year unplanted, and I think I will go out and put them in the ground. First though, I am going to finish the pile of paperwork that has been nagging me and is on my list to do today. If that is done, I will treat myself to the movies one evening this week, and spend a bit more time planning my post-recovery trips.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment