Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23 2010 #2

The leg is gone. I'm out of the recovery room. I lay here trying to get enough drugs so that I don't attempt to scratch the missing big toe. James and Julie are here, Happy Birthday Julie. James is taking dictation. I decided to try and learn Haiku on the way to the hospital here are a couple.
This was written in the OR:

Men in vivid blue.
Tile walls of yellow color.
Where are the women?

This was post-op:

Symmetry matters.
The right leg has gone away.
This will look wierd.

Then there is the one about a tree that I wrote on the way to the hospital:

The leg goes today.
We will plant a tree for it.
The tree will flower.

Pain and pain meds setting in. Enough for now.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, it was looking pretty weird already -- soon it will look spiffy.

    Much love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. mother, grandmother
    auntie ann,caretaker more
    than a leg could bear

    Love,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this after yoga class where we were working on tree pose. Standing tall and strong and balanced on one leg...I think that's a beautiful image of you for now.

    ReplyDelete