Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7, 2010 #2

This is the first time I have done two posts in a day. I am sitting in the airport in Pittsburgh where my plane to Chicago is delayed for two hours. The plane from Chicago to Champaign-Urbana is delayed too, but we don't know if it is delayed enough. If I spend the night in Chicago, it will mess up my schedule fiercely. And I'm not gonna have another chance to be at UIUC before the leg goes away. It's weather in Chicago that is doing this.

So, if you read my morning entry, you know my current concern is about the time after my leg is cut off and I am home from the hospital until I go back to rehab and get my new leg. I have all sorts of stuff running for me about that time. So, I talked to therapist, Kathleen, about this today and this wonderful woman, first off referred me to someone she knows who is a medical care coordinator. I called Wendy the MC? and she and I will meet on Tuesday. Thank you Kathleen!!

And its not that I won't appreciate visit and help from friends, but this will let me enjoy and appreciate that help more. Kathleen does things like arrange for hospital beds downstairs as well as arranging for the help that I might need.

So, while I am still concerned about the legless time, one part of the concern is gone.

They just called for boarding. So, I'm gonna end this abruptly. And not preview it - hope it isn't full of typos

No comments:

Post a Comment