Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20, 2010

It is a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh. I took my son to Pamela's Restaurant for breakfast. Pamela's is the Pittsburgh place where Obama ate pancakes. Then he brought Pamela to Washington to cook pancakes for the inauguration. Son said the pancakes were really crepes and that they were just like mine. So much for the treat of the day. Then we did a quick run to Home Depot where I hit the nursery again. Bought dianthus (pinks) as well as strawberry plants and a pot of parsley. This evening or tomorrow morning I will dig a few small holes in garden and plant these things. Wouldn't have time to do that is surgery was tomorrow. Good to do things right now that add beauty to my life.

And with these couple of found days, I think tomorrow I will make another trip to the gym and then head out to Health South and check out the rehab facility. If I do that, I'll know what to bring with me; I'll have some sense of the lay of the land; I'll know what's coming next.

I am taking my daughter to dinner tomorrow evening as she is celebrating another birthday on Friday. I have filled dinner time each evening assuming that surgery is Friday. I find myself checking the state of the volcanic ash and flights out of Heathrow every few hours. News seems to be about the same. Will the docs flight fly tomorrow? The answer is a resounding, "maybe".

I am under the impression that the connection of my foot to my leg becomes more tenuous every day. I "know" that it is much less connected than it was in the x-ray a month ago. Went to bed the night before last thinking that the foot was simnply disconnecting itself from the leg - and that the only thing holding it in place is the outer covering, my skin. I don't know how much reality there is in that thinking. I do know that I am not going to go to the Fiber Arts International show until I have my new leg. I missed the Three Rivers Quilt Show last weekend because I did not want to try to walk around the auditorium. And I won't see the spring flower show at Phipps Conservatory either. This sounds like whining. I don't mean it to be - but rather to be an observation about my life right now. And my life is good. I have flowers for the garden, I have a family watching over me, I have friends to have dinner with, I have a new 42 inch TV to watch NCIS on tonight and I have lots of books to read.

I imagine if doc doesn't get back tomorrow, we will schedule this surgery for next Wednesday, his regular surgery day. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment