Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23, 2010

Today is the day. We leave for hospital in about an hour. Check in time is 10:30. I said good by to the leg this morning. My whole body feels a bit anxious. One of my favorite expressions "just put one foot in front of the other" isn't working this morning.

Today is my daughter, Julie's, birthday. Last evening she said she will always remember her birthday as the day they cut off mom's leg. I hope that isn't true. I am planning on this leg thing being a huge success, and hopefully, it will be an event to celebrate.

Right now, I'm gonna strip my bed and pack my bag. The big question is, "how many books do I take?". I downloaded "The Help" to the kindle, but I'm not sure I will be comfortable reading that. And finding books is not quite like a bookstore where you can scan the shelves. I can work on that in rehab.

Gotta pack, gotta go. More next week.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, I think you will love The Help. Just finished it. Fascinating read (also on my Kindle) is Frances Perkins: The Woman Behind the New Deal.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete