Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3, 2010

Just a few random thoughts for the morning.

The first one is about lobelia - beautiful little vivid blue/purple annual. I plant them along my stone wall in front of the house each year. I need to do that before I go into hospital, otherwise, when I a ready for planting it will be a little late. So, the week of April 12, I will make a run to my favorite nursery, buy two flats of lobelia and plant. That means, when I come home from the first stint in rehab, they can glow for me and I can smile for them.

The next one is about how quickly time moves forward. The surgery is about 18 days from now. And I am heading out Sunday for Penn State where I will be working for two days - home late afternoon Tuesday and off to quilting class - appointments in town on Wednesday and off Wednesday evening for UIUC where I will work for two more days. Home late on Friday night. It will be a really busy week and will leave me with about ten more "getting-ready" days - days for planting lobelia, for being sure all bills are paid and for having house in order.

And the last one for this morning is about "having house in order". Son's house is just about ready to go. He and his family should be all moved in by the end of next weekend. And I have negotiated the week after "move-in" as a week where he will help me in this house. Want to move my long-arm-machine back upstairs into a bedroom that was long ago prepped for it. Then, for the "recovery-at-home" period want my bed and a few essentials moved downstairs into the family room. And want these upstairs rooms painted and restored to their pristine (hah) condition so that they please me and so that I am not embarrassed when house guests (friends coming from around the country to help and support me) arrive.

Lots to do in the next 18 days. And this morning, its off to the gym, home to dye easter eggs with grandkids and then those taxes - and I have ben procrastinating in getting them together.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I have the week of 4/19 off, and am not committed to anything on Thurs. 22nd - Sun 25th. Is there anything we can do or provide? Happy to make a run down and check on ya - and we have family nearby, so we don't have to hang out at your place :-) Will follow up with a call.

    ReplyDelete