Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday, May 25 9pm

I'm in bed in the rehab hospital. Pretty much done with pain pills except for a pre PTdose. Current challenge is to keep residual limb elevated to above the heart. It's easy to slip off the pillows. once I settle just a bit more, I will figure out how the bed will help me too.

Six weeks at the gym with Jamie really helped. I can use that bar they hang on orthopedic beds to move myself well as necessary. I understand that tomorrow they get me up and that I will be put through three hours of PT during the day. I imagine by end of day I will be able to move into a wheelchair and onto a bedside potty. (Mind you, this is my plan - I have not talked to anyone about it and it could not be the regiment of the day. I'll let you know).

Didn't like the ride from the hospital to the rehab center. But I didn't barf. And that was the good news. Hope I can find someone here who will play banagrams with me in a couple of days. Nurses aid said she was gonna put my hair in a french braid. That will be fun.

And that's the evening report. Will write more when I figure out more about what this place is about and what my life will be like here for the next ten days. Now I'm gonna get someone organized so I can brush my teeth, use the bedpan one last time, and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment