Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4, 2010

Easter bunny has come and gone. Brunch is over. Daughter cooked pancakes and bacon. I did fruit salad and organization. Son planted my new rhododendrums. Need to do one more page of tax stuff, get it ready to mail, print schedule for tomorrow, pack a bag and head to State College. Drive takes me about three hours even though it is only 140 miles. PA has been constructing on the highway from here to there forever, and if I drive more than an hour without a stop I start to doze, so it is coffee time - usually a capuccino from a Sheetz gas station.

I hadn't paid any attention to the fact that folks were posting responses to my blog, and I figured that out last night and went through the responses. Pam, the stuff on the friends with the bionic foot was really good for me to read. I still am not done with this thinking. A foot with painted toe nails sounds pretty glamorous, and there is nothing wrong with glamor. I figure I have a couple of months post-prosthetic to figure out what I want my new leg to look like. My understanding is that you get a temporary prosthetic for a couple of months. So, once I put on the new leg, I can experience what it looks and feels like and work from there. Not a today decision - but a today ponder.

More thinking and comments on driving with left foot in another blog.

Lisa - I'll call you this week. Maybe driving home from State College late Tuesday afternoon. Blue tooth in car is a great invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment